10.0.0.1 is a gateway IP which is used to configure routers settings. With the help of this IP address, you can quickly change and modify your routers setting from any end device.
10.0.0.1 is a class A IP address which is used by most of the routers and modems.
The 10.0.0.1 is a default local area network which is only used by a single device and the subnet is 255.0.0.0.
Click here to access your admin console
Using this host IP address (10.0.0.1), You can easily configure and modify the settings of your router. It can include changing network setting, Username and passwords, DNS and several other things.
What is 10.0.0.1 Gateway IP?
10.0.0.1 is a class A type IP address with a subnet of 255.0.0.0. This IP address is used by a single device (unique device) in a network, and it is used for creating your own network.
This IP address is used by most of the routers to configure and modify the default settings of a router and modem.
If you don’t know the default gateway of your router, you can check default gateway here.
How to Access 10.0.0.1 IP Address?
Don’t know how to access the 10.0.0.1 IP address and configure your routers setting??
Don’t worry, at this point; we’re going to cover the full step through which you can get access to your routers configuration wizard.
If the router has the IP address of 10.0.0.1, then you can connect to your configuration wizard by opening the web browser and visiting the following IP address.
Steps to Login to 10.0.0.1 IP:
- If the default gateway of your router is 10.0.0.1, then click here to get logged in to the http://10.0.0.1 host address.
- It will now open the default login page, through which you can get logged in to your dashboard. If it takes more time to load or if it’s showing an error, try connecting with below gateways as most of the devices use these gateways in their routers.
Click here to access your admin console
- Once the configuration wizard gets loaded, it will ask you for default Username and password to log in.
- Enter the default username and password of your router (click here to check router’s default username and password) or find the default username and password in the back side of your router.
- If you forget your username and password, you can follow this guide on resetting your routers credentials.
- Once you’re logged in to your router’s admin console, you may now be able to modify the routers settings and login credentials with ease. Head up to the network setting to make a change in the default network. You can set up the network with many different methods such as Dial-Up connection or DSL method.
- Now save your setting and kudos! You have successfully configured your routers admin console.
How to Find Your Routers IP/Gateway?
If the 10.0.0.1 IP address wouldn’t work for you, i.e., if it takes too much time in loading and later it only appears a blank screen, then it is possible that this IP address isn’t your network IP.
In this case, you can try some other IP addresses which are used to configure or to open your routers config wizard. These IP’s can include 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 (which is mostly used).
You can also try these gateways to connect…
If you’re still getting an issue accessing the above IP address in your browser, then you can follow the below step to find your gateway.
Step #1: Open CMD (Command Prompt)
If the 10.0.0.1 doesn’t work for you, you can try to find the default gateway of your router. To see the default gateway, you have to open the command prompt.
Together press the “windows key + R” button to open the windows run command. Once the run dialogue box open, type “cmd” and enter.
It will open the command line prompt (black screen) through which you can get your default gateway.
Step #2: The “Ipconfig/All” Command
Once you opened the command prompt (CMD), enter the “ipconfig/all” command in the given box.
Once you hit enter, it will show you some necessary information including your IP address, your default gateway, DHCP server, and several other details. (Check the image shown below)
Just copy the IP address shown at default gateway and open in the browser. In my case the default gateway is 192.168.31.1, So I’ll have to open this IP address in my browser for configuration.
What Can You Do with 10.0.0.1 IP Address
This IP address is commonly used by a unique device in the network. You can use 10.0.0.1 IP address to connect with your router’s configuration wizard and with the help of this IP address you can make necessary changes to your wifi settings.
Here we’re sharing some of the most notable features a network admin. can access through 10.0.0.1 host IP.
A Network administrator or Users can manage:
- Security Settings
- Network Management
- IP QoS
- LAN, WAN, WLAN settings
- DSL and ADSL configuration
- WPS configuration
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why Can’t I Access 10.0.0.1? How To Resolve This?
The default gateway is usually 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x, but some routers may configure it differently. Most of the default gateways are listed below, click on those buttons to open your admin console page.
If none of them work, check above step on finding your routers default gateway.
Do I Need To Have An Internet Connection To Access 10.x.x.x IP?
No, You don’t need to have an internet connection to access 10.0.0.1 IP. You can connect with this IP address, even if you’re not connected with an internet. But please ensure that you’re connected with valid WiFi or router.
What to Do If I Forget my Username and Password?
If you forget the default username and password of your router, then you can reset your router by pressing the reset button on your router.
Once you reset the router to it’s default settings, follow this guide to get your default username and password.